Chair Yoga provides all the benefits of a regular yoga class and includes mindful, accessible and gentle movements to build strength, increase flexibility and improve balance. A somatic approach is employed to address “stuck patterns” in our bodies.
Gentle movement and breathing exercises are good for relieving stress and anxiety. Somatic chair yoga can further develop mind body awareness and help to regulate your nervous system. The class can help to manage chronic pain, release stresses and tensions and boost your mood.
Chair yoga is great for desk workers too and can target the areas which are most affected by long periods of desk work.
The one hour class on Mondays from 2:00pm – 3pm with Clare starts with grounding and connecting followed by movement with targeted areas to increase strength and flexibility and ends with a guided relaxation session. There is a great sense of connection in a chair yoga class which is for Every Body!
Clare worked with the NHS for over 30 years initially in nursing and then in public health. She then trained to become a Yoga teacher in 2017 with seasonal yoga she has continued her development around making yoga more accessible with training in Exercise to Music and personal training qualifications.
Clare is also a qualified Hypnotherapist and has a special interest in chronic pain.
About Chair Yoga
- Classes Suitable for all.
- Beginners of all ages welcome
- Every Monday 2:00pm – 3:00pm
- The classes are £12 / £10 – Students
- Booking Essential
- Studio @ Lansdowne Crescent – Map Here
Questions and Answers
- How do I book a Yoga class? – Book Here
- What should I wear? – Loose fitting clothes, as per gym or a jog.
- When is the class? – Every Monday.
- What Time? – 2:00 – 3:00pm.
- Do I need a Yoga Mat? – Yes (Mats can be supplied for free)
- What is the cost? – £12 / £10
- Do I need footwear? – Yoga is practised barefoot.