Over 60’s Yoga Class Glasgow.
“Yoga for the Young at Heart”
Over 60’s Yoga is a new Class we’ve added to our schedule due to the popularity of our over 50’s yoga class. The over 60’s yoga class is open to any person aged 60+ who wish to maintain a gentle but sustained physical practice or who would like to start a yoga practice which allows for various levels of ability. Yoga offers great benefits for health and well-being at all stages of life, and a regular practice has been reported to increase energy levels and bring ease from various symptoms of physical discomfort such as arthritis, back pain and neck strain, sciatica, asthma, diabetes, sleeplessness or restlessness, to list but a few. Contrary to common misconception, there is no need to be flexible to start a practice because yoga enhances flexibility, an important benefit as we grow older.
The Over 60’s Yoga Class is held every Friday morning from 10am – 11:15am. The class is suitable for complete Beginners or those seeking a gentle, easy level yoga practice.
The Over 60’s class is designed to be adaptable to all levels of physical ability. It can be done seated on the floor or on a chair, whichever suits you. The exercises aim to build strength and to enhance flexibility and endurance. Structured around a gentle flow that helps alleviate stiffness and tension in the body. The Over 60’s Yoga class introduces techniques incorporating breath work, guided relaxation and mindful movement.
So Join the Over 60’s Class to relax the mind and de-stress the body just before Your weekend.
About This Class.
“Yoga – Keep your Heart Young, and Healthy”
- Class open to all aged Sixty plus.
- Beginners welcome.
- Mixed Class – Suitable for Men and Women.
- Helps Relaxation, improves sleep.
- Slowly releases muscle and joint stiffness.
- Helps to Release Stress.
- Helps High blood pressure.
- Lansdowne Crescent Studio – See here for Directions:
- Beneficial for those with Arthritis.
- Relieves Sciatica.
- Helps with Neck and Back Problems.
- Yoga strengthens the Skeletal system.
- Helpful for Osteoporosis.
- Aids relaxation and helps to relieve stress.
- Suitable for individuals of all ages 60+
- Class includes Yoga Therapy Inspired Applications
- Yoga Mats provided free of charge.
Questions and Answers.
- How do I book a Yoga class? – Book your Space Here:
- What should I wear? – Wear loose fitting comfortable clothes.
- Do I need a Yoga Mat? – Yoga mats are provided free of charge.
- What is the cost per class? – Classes are £7 each.
- Do I need Footwear? – No, Classes practiced bare foot.
- For further information – Enquire here for the Over 60’s Yoga Class:
Note: There is also an Over 50’s Yoga Class every Tuesday from 10am – 11:15am.