Meditation Classes Glasgow.
(The Friday Meditation Class is presently not running)
Meditation is a very enjoyable and a deeply relaxing technique. However, it is important that we don’t fall into a common trap whereby the mind which creates division and conflict within itself, and correspondingly within the world, is not the meditator. So simple methods are used to draw the individual back to some “Fact” thereby leaving the Mind to its negative patterns and habits, without seeking to change, modify or update it, but more importantly not to try and control it.
This is where meditation has many traps – The word meditation has its root in the word to Measure. Meditation can also use forms of concentration to hold the mind in one place, but this is a form of control, so the individual is only moving from one form of control to another, and all led by the mind which is the source and root of all of its conflicts and division.
To be free of these attachments, conflicts and controls, we have to open up to the potential of moving away from all forms of authority; be that Buddhist, religious, political, educational, social, or for that matter any individual or group which states that they can show us the path or way – Only if we follow their Method. This is an age old trick used by priests, gurus and leaders throughout history. The difficulty is to allow oneself to remain with whatever is being experienced from moment to moment. The individual therefore is to investigate and question everything and do all the work themselves. Not an easy task in a world that seeks to produce very dependent, pliable, obedient and unquestioning individuals.
The class also incorporates deep relaxation and Breath-work techniques, helping to release stress and tension from the Body. It is open to anyone who wishes to either take their Yoga practice to the next level – Meditation, or to anyone who is interested in learning simple Meditative and Breath-work methods. The class will really benefit anyone who is seeking a simple technique to aid Relaxation for Stress, bringing you a key for Stress Management.
The instructor takes you through some simple methods which you can then try out for yourself until you find which best suits you. The class by its nature is suitable for beginners, yet those with many years of experience will also gain benefits from attending the Meditation class. It helps to bring strength to the spine, making seated poses much less physically demanding – a common challenge for many new mediators.
For further information or to Book Your Space – Contact us Here:
About This Class and Meditation:
- Excellent for relieving Stress and Tension from a busy working week.
- Learn simple Mindfulness techniques.
- Helps to gently open the body and relieve stiffness.
- Suitable for Beginners of all Ages.
- Suitable for All ages.
- Meditative sequence helps to Balance and strengthen the mind.
- Fantastic way to begin your weekend.
- Mixed Class – Suitable for Men and Women.
- Meditation can be used as part of a Holistic treatment for depression.
- Beneficial for many common ailments.
- For further information – Contact YMH Here:
Questions and Answers:
- How do I book a Yoga class? – Book your Space Here:
- What should I wear? – Wear loose fitting comfortable clothes, as per Gym or a jog.
- Do I need a Yoga Mat? – Mats, blocks etc are provided free of charge.
- What is the cost per class? – Classes are £10 each. Students rate £8.
Workshops are also available: