A Yang approach to Yoga is most commonly practised in the West. Indeed, most of our classes at Yoga Meditation Healing are Yang in their approach. In our Yang practices we emphasize working on repeatedly contracting and lengthening our muscles and bringing heat into our bodies. A Yang practice gifts us with huge benefits to our physical and mental health. The Yang practice is Masculine in nature.
A Yin approach is the flip side of the same Yoga coin. It works with our connective tissue which is found in every joint, bone, organ and muscle. It is a passive yet challenging practice as we hold our poses for a few minutes and place an emphasis on releasing and relaxing the muscles. Yin works into lower spine and pelvis. Yin Yoga greater assists us in preparing us for seated meditation, a Yin activity, as in our Fusion class. The Yin practice is Feminine in nature.
Yin & Yang Yoga Workshops
Within most yoga workshops we generally only get to experience the teachings of one Yoga teacher. However within our Yin & Yang Yoga Workshops you have the added benefit of experiencing the teachings of two yoga teachers with their unique and complementary styles. Firstly Paula takes you through the Yin side of the yoga workshop. Paula has 20 years of training within the world of Ballet, and this is reflected within her own personal practice, and joy of the Yin style Yoga. Paula brings the femine nature of her practice into the workshop helping to increase your flexibility. Pol complements this aspect of Yin Yoga with a Dynamic and Powerful routine, which he draws from his roots steaped in Classical Hatha Yoga, combining it together with sequences from the invigorating and restorative 5 Tibetan Rites Yoga techniqe. These two teaching styles brought together by both teachers bring to the workshop the balance of Flexibility and Core Strength. To experience the other side of Yoga, and a balance to your usual Yoga practice, join us on our next Yin & Yang Yoga Workshop.
Questions and Answers.
- How do I book into Workshop? – It couldn’t be Easier – Book your Space Here:
- What should I wear? – Wear loose fitting comfortable clothes, as for Gym or jog.
- Do I need a Yoga Mat? – Yoga mats are provided free of charge at workshops.
- How often are the Workshops held – Once a Month – View Next Workshop:
- How much does a Workshop cost? – Workshop costs £25 – Booking Essential.
If you or a group of friends are looking to set up the following in your Area:
- Private 1-2-1 Yin Yoga sessions.
- Private Yin Yoga classes.
- A Yin Yoga Workshop.
- Community Yoga Classes.
- Local Fitness Club.
- Yoga Classes for Mums.
- Local Exercise Club.
- Weight Loss program with Yoga.
- Lunchtime Yoga Classes at your Work.
- Meditation Classes.
- Relaxation, Stress Management classes.
- Weekend Workshops or Retreats.
- Or you have any enquiry regarding Yoga.
And are looking for a Yoga Teacher –